Maximize executives’ leverage with three communication steps: 1) Prepare yourself and the executives in advance, 2) Deliver in a news style inverted pyramid, 3) Follow through.
Prepare yourself and the executive in advance.
- Anticipate their perspective, priorities and preferences.
- Do your homework.
- Adjust, revise and practice.
- Provide pre-reads.
Deliver in a news style inverted pyramid.
- Headline to set the stage.
- Executive summary up front.
- Detail what, where, when, why, who and how.
- Deliver on promises.
- Keep all informed.
- Ask for help.